Friday, November 7, 2008

Anonymous Anger Rampant on Internet

I found this article on Cnn.com/technology interesting http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/11/03/angry.internet/index.html. Check it out.

If anyone is looking for a masters or doctorate thesis, it would be fun to study the blogging and social media communication tools and the role of anonymity in how we interact with each these days. At the "job jar" meeting we discussed e-mail and its litigious nature (I love that word!), and I think online communication does give one a sense of freedom to express yourself any way you like without boundaries.

I know I sometimes find myself tapping away on my keyboard to compose an e-mail without giving it much thought about where it might land and who it might affect. As the article points out, MySpace and FaceBook have destroyed lives because of online postings. I have become more cautious in recent days about my use of e-mail and have even gone backward a bit to picking up the phone to have an actual conversation with my co-workers. It's kind of nice.

No comments: